How to apply for graduate schools in Psychology
A number of students asked me how to apply for graduate schools in Psychology, in particular Clinical Psychology. We plan to have a panel on Clinical Psychology grad programs sometime in the spring. In the meantime, you can check out this book. For Clinical Psychology, check out this as well.
Mental Health Empowerment Workshops
Tuesdays from 7 - 8PM
Location: Room 417, Byers Hall (Two floors above the dining hall), Silliman College
All meetings facilitated by advanced graduate students in clinical psychology and Mary O’Brien, Ph.D.
Would you like to navigate academic pressures, social challenges, and relationships skillfully so that you feel effective in managing your daily life? If so, these workshops are for you. We are excited to share some evidence based approaches from clinical psychology designed to help you to maximize your potential and enjoyment at Yale. These workshops are interactive and present a broad array of strategies for coping with the ups and downs of college life. This is not group therapy and you can attend any one workshop or the entire series. We look forward to chatting with you in the beautiful new Good Life Center at Silliman College. Please join us in our effort to improve mental health and wellness on campus.
Topics and Workshop Dates
- Finding Wise Mind – Tuesday, January 29th
- Strategies for Tolerating Distress So You Don’t Make Matters Worse, Tuesday, February 5th
- Ask for what you want in a way that preserves relationships and leaves you feeling good – part 1 Tuesday, February 12th
- Ask for what you want in a way that preserves relationships and leaves you feeling good – part 2 Tuesday, February 19th
- Emotion Regulation – Tuesday, February 26th
- How to communicate better with your partner – Tuesday, March 5th
- Stepping Away from Sticky Thoughts – Tuesday, April 2nd