The resources listed below have been informative to our efforts to develop competency in multi cultural counseling. We modify our readings each year and welcome your input.
- Coates, Ta-Nehisi (2015). Between the World and Me. New York: Spiegel & Grau
- Sue, D. W., Gallardo, M. E., & Neville, H. A. (2014). Case Studies in Multicultural Counseling and Therapy. New Jersey: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Video: Multicultural Competence in Counseling and Psychotherapy by Derald Wing Sue http://www.psychotherapy.net/stream/yale/video?vid=281
- Falander, C.A., Shafranske, E. P., & Falicov, C. J. (2014). Multiculturalism and Diversity in Clinical Supervision: A Competency-Based Approach.
- Ritter, K., & Terndrup, A. I. (2002). Handbook of affirmative psychotherapy with lesbians and gay men. Guilford Press.
- Pachankis, J. E., Hatzenbuehler, M. L., Rendina, H. J., Safren, S. A., & Parsons, J. T. (2015). LGB-affirmative cognitive behavioral therapy for young adult gay and bisexual men: A randomized controlled trial of a transdiagnostic minority stress approach. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 83, 875-889.
- Pachankis, J. E. (2014). Uncovering clinical principles and techniques to address minority stress, mental health, and related health risks among gay and bisexual men. Clinical Psychology: Science and Practice, 21, 313-330.